CLOVER, S.C. – Throughout the state of South Carolina and the nation you will find many variations of spirit weeks with students dressing up for “Wacky Wednesday” or “Throwback Thursday,” however, this past week at Clover High School they celebrated a different kind of spirit, the spirit of giving.
Clover High School spent this past week hosting it’s first-ever “Clover Wish Week,” which kicked off on Friday, March 24, 2017, to give back to Make-A-Wish South Carolina, which grants wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions throughout our state.
Various clubs and committees, led by student co-chairman juniors Hannah Parker and Mandie Trainer, at Clover High School have committed to taking ownership in Clover Wish Week. Student Council Advisor, Jessica Davis, has seen something special from the students at CHS during this week of giving. “They have taken a lot of ownership with this process. The whole student body has gotten on board with this process because they can see that it is something bigger than themselves.”
The Clover Wish Week committee set out with a goal to raise $7,500 for Make-A-Wish of South Carolina. The committee organized a number of activities to reach their goal:
• Friday 3/24 – Miracle Minute Coin Collection and Sadie Hawkins Dance
• Saturday 3/25 – Blue Eagle 5k run
• Monday 3/27 – Glow Zumba
• Tuesday 3/28 – Pizza Fundraiser Sale
• Wednesday 3/29 – Dunkin Donut Spirit Morning & Donut Fundraiser Sale
• Thursday 3/30 – Miracle Milkshakes Fundraiser Sale & Moe’s Spirit Night
• Friday 3/31 – Swishes for Wishes 3v3 Basketball Tournament
• Thrusday 4/6 – Tiara Tailgate with a Hotdog Eating Competition, Kan Jam Tournament, 50/50 raffle, and closing celebration
The school will hold a final celebration on Thursday, April 6 to reveal how much the school and the community raised for the Make-A-Wish foundation.
Donations will continue to be accepted until the final celebration. If you would like to contribute to the giving visit: GIVE.CloverWishWeek.com
Follow the remainder of the event at CloverWishWeek.com on Facebook and Twitter: @CloverWishWeek.