To eliminate or alleviate health barriers that interfere with a student's ability to learn and to create a safe and orderly environment, thereby enabling students to become successful life learners.
The Health room is designed to assist students with chronic conditions and be an emergency station to care for minor injuries and illnesses that occur at school. Injuries or health concerns that occur outside of school should be treated at home or by your health care provider. The school nurse cannot diagnose or prescribe medications.
Health and Education: A Natural Connection -Healthy Children Learn Better!
NEW for 2019-2020
- Rising 7th- 12th Graders -Tdap Booster
- 5K - 5th graders- 2 doses of Varicella vaccine
WHEN TO KEEP HOME
FIELD TRIPS (FT)
SC Law requires immunizations for school enrollment. If any immunizations listed below are missing, parents/guardians have 30 days from the first day your child starts school to get these immunizations or your child will be suspended. Please contact your child's school nurse for questions.24 Hour Rule - Please do not send your child to school with the following in the last 24 hours:
- Rash of unknown origin
- Persistent deep cough
- Strep throat
School Nurses use DHEC School Exclusion List as a guideline but check with your school nurse because CSD has a stricter policy on some health conditions such as fever. (Students with fever of 100 degrees or higher will be excluded and need to stay home until they are fever free for 24 hours without using fever-reducing medicine.)Outside Normal School Hours
- School Nurses rarely go on FT.
- At least 2 weeks prior to FT notify school nurse of your child's special health care needs.
- Complete FT form.
- Prescription medication unless routinely taken during school hours will require a new Dr.'s permission. Pharmacy labels on medications are not considered Dr.'s permission.
- OTC medication must be in original container with label intact and have written parent/guardian permission
- No medication in baggies will be accepted.
Vaccine Grade Required
DTaP5K-124 doses Tdap Booster 7-12 1 dose Polio 5K-12 3 doses MMR 5K-12 2 doses Hep B 5K-12 3 doses Varicella5K-56-122 doses1 dosePre-K should receive age appropriate immunizations. LICE Screening Services Grades PK, K, 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th For vision problems Grades PK and K For hearing problems Grade 11 Blood pressure Specialized Health Care Procedures
- Must have a completed Specialized Health Care Procedure form signed by health care provider before child begins.
- Parent/guardian will be required to do the procedure until doctor's order obtained and any necessary training completed.
Medications Grades PK-5 Grades 6-12Prescription:
- Written permission from health care provider on CSD form.
- Parent/guardian signature.
- Inhalers, EpiPen, and Diabetic meds can be carried with Dr.'s permission
OTC: Must have a signed parent/guardian permission form and in original container. OTC will then be kept in Health Room.Prescription:
- All presciption medication - must have written permission from health care provider on CSD form and have parent/guardian permission and will be administered by school staff and kept in the Health Room.
- Inhalers, EpiPen, and Diabetic meds - can be carried by student but must have a signed parent/guardian permission form.
OTC: If you want your child to carry, a parent/guardian permission form must be signed and be on file in the Health Room and must be in original container.
**For your child's safety, please fill out health information form. There is a check box ( yes or no) to give permission for the School Nurse to administer Antifungal cream, Orajel, Visine eye drops, and Caladryl Clear.**
Clover School District Nurses
Bethany- Laura Clinton, RN
Bethel- Jill Stafford, RN
Crowders Creek- Martha Park, RN and Lisa McDevitt, RN
Griggs Rd.- Nikki Sciba, RN
Kinard- Kim Webb, RN
Larne- Cheri Flanagan, RN
Oakridge Elem- Raquel Avore, RN
CMS- Lee Cain, RN
OMS- Stacey Rhinehardt, RN
9GC- Natasha Duckwall, RN
CHS- Lydia Davis, RN & Michele Farrar, RN
Lead Nurse & BEA- Gale Stewart, RN