CHS Counseling Center
The Counseling Department misses you and we're still here for you!!!
Seniors, please see the Completer Cord link to the left for more information on cords you're eligible for!
Interested in signing up for a summer VirtualSC course? Click here for VirtualSC summer information. Registration is open from May 13-27 for grades 11-12 and May 20-27 for grades 9-12.
IMPORTANT SUMMER SCHOOL INFORMATION BELOW (also was emailed to all students and parents on May 20):
This announcement is for those students interested in taking an Initial Credit or Credit Recovery course this summer.
Initial Credit – the student is taking the course in its entirety, typically for the first time, to earn credit.
Credit Recovery – the student has failed a course with a final grade between 50 and 59 and will complete a prescribed selection of essential units to recover the credit.
There are two programs that offer summer classes for CHS students:
1) APEX at Clover High is a hybrid program that requires students to complete written assignments that go along with online lessons, quizzes and tests. Students work from home, but are able to come to the CHS computer lab to receive tutoring and take tests. The CHS Summer School classes will begin Monday, June 8, and all coursework must be completed by Friday, July 3. Classes are $100 each. (Reduced lunch students - $50, and Free lunch students – free). More detailed information about how to pick up and drop off course materials, and computer lab availability will be announced.
Initial Credit classes being offered in APEX this summer are American Government, Economics, Psychology, Health, PE, IT Fundamentals, Art Appreciation and Music Appreciation.
Credit Recovery is available for English, Math, Science and Social Studies (final grade 50-59).
If you are interested in participating in Clover High’s Summer School, please click on the link below and register by Friday, May 29:
2) VirtualSC is a free program offered by the SC State Department of Education. It is completely online and students work from home. Enrollment is now open. The classes begin Wednesday, June 3 and conclude by July 30. Please see the attached flyer below for enrollment procedures. Check out the VirtualSC website for more information and to review which classes they offer: https://virtualsc.org
Please contact Ms. Missy Jones with any questions about VirtualSC or APEX registration.
Having second thoughts about a course you chose during your IGP? If so, a verification form was sent through email on May 12. The deadline to submit any changes is May 18. After May 18, we will not make any more changes to course requests!
Mrs. Forrest sent out an email to all students via Naviance on March 16. If you did not receive that information, you may access it by clicking on the following links:
Newsletter: Click here
Talking to Your Child About Coronavirus: Click here
Online Student Success PowerPoint is here.
Seniors, if you haven't started your FAFSA (federal financial aid application), do it now (it opened up October 1 for the 2020-2021 school year). Please click here to access the FAFSA
Seniors and parents: Text @ffeg6h to 81010 to sign up for reminders about senior events!Ready to start researching South Carolina colleges and universities but don't know where to begin? Click here to see a list of all in-state public and private colleges and universities!To reach a counselor on the Ninth Grade Campus, please call the NGC front office at (803) 631-8500. To reach a counselor on the main campus, please call Mrs. Nancy Hester at (803) 810-8211Registration for the SAT and ACT can be done online. Visit sat.org for more info on the SAT and act.org for more info on the ACT. Click this link for very helpful and free ACT practice content.CHS is NOT a testing site, but there are several high schools in the area that are. It's your choice as to where you choose to test.College Cafes are your opportunity to speak and network with admissions counselors and representatives who are here to speak exclusively to CHS students! This information is also available on the home page of your Naviance account. Please pay close attention to times and dates, as they are subject to change.Please stay tuned for 2020-2021 College Cafes!Important Dates
- May 13: VirtualSC registration opens for current juniors and seniors
- May 20: VirtualSC registration opens for current freshmen and sophomores
- May 27: VirtualSC registration closes for all grade levels
- June 4: Graduation
- June 4: End of fourth quarter/end of 2019-2020 school year
|Name||Student Assignment||Phone Number|
|Mr. Atavious Johnson||Grade 9 (A-Le)||email@example.com|
|Mrs. Sherer Hopkins||Grade 9 (Li-Z)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Jennifer Forrest (Dept. Chair)||Grades 10-12 (A-Br)||email@example.com|
|Mrs. Jaida Tims||Grades 10-12 (Bu-E)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Quentin McGill||Grades 10-12 (F-Ka)||email@example.com|
|Ms. Larisha Young||Grades 10-12 (Ke-Ni)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Missy Jones||Grades 10-12 (No-Se)||email@example.com|
|Mrs. Tarah Underwood||Grades 10-12 (Sh-Z)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Nancy Hester||Receptionistemail@example.com|
|Ms. Kayla Williams||Catawba Family Services firstname.lastname@example.org|