CHS Student Parking Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Why do I have to take Alive @ 25 to park at CHS? Clover schools have lost three students to car accidents in the last five years. We are committed to doing all we can to keep our students safe behind the wheel and to save lives. The Clover School Board approved this initiative in 2012, and CHS joins over 100 SC high schools requiring Alive at 25 for parking on campus. York County is the first county with full participation from all high schools in all county districts.
When you arrive at registration, you will need to present your license and registration card(s) for verification. If you complete Alive @ 25 close to school registration dates, you will need to provide proof of completion. Clover HS keeps information on file when students complete Alive @ 25. You will only need to provide proof when we do not have completion information on file. All students receive a certificate when Alive @ 25 is completed. Certificates are distributed when school is in session. Students who complete the course during the summer will receive their certificate when we return to school.
2) Can I request a specific Parking Spot? No. Students will be assigned a parking spot based on grade and availability.
3) Does it matter if I purchased my permit on the first day the window opened? Students will be assigned a parking spot based on availability. Fulfillment of the parking permit will take place at the end of July to early August.
4) What do I need to do at registration to get my physical parking permit? When you arrive at registration, you will need to present your license and registration card(s) for verification. All students receive a certificate in their account once the Alive @ 25 is completed. Log into the account you created when registering for Alive @ 25 to download a .pdf.
5) I got an email that had 2 numbers on it. How do I know which one is my Parking Spot?
6) My permanent parking # 0412; How do I figure out where that is? Students have 2 options to identify their assigned parking spots:
- A) Physically drive around the CHS campus and see where your parking space is located.
- B) Refer to the online layout of CHS Parking lot – CLICK!!!!
7) What is the cost for a Parking permit?
PARKING PERMIT FEES
- SUMMER REGISTRATION: $40.00
- AFTER REGISTRATION: $40.00
- AFTER JANUARY 1: $30.00
- AFTER MARCH 1: $20.00
- REPLACEMENT PERMIT: $10.00
8) Do I have to pay for a parking pass with a credit card using the online system? No. Cash and Check payments will be accepted in person at registration. However, students will be subject to remaining parking spot availability (Most likely Gravel Lot). Priority will only be given to Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores who utilize the online system for registration and payment.
Students who register and pay using the online system will have their parking spot assigned to them prior to registration. Once the process is properly completed, look for an email at the end of July to early August with your specific parking assignment.
9) I will not get my license until December, Can I purchase a parking pass now? Yes. In fact, this is encouraged. Students may purchase parking permits during the open window even if they have not completed Alive @ 25 or have a valid drivers license. We will hold the parking permit until all requirements have been satisfied. This will eliminate the risk of you missing out on a parking permit. Last year we had to stop selling permits on February 1st because we reached capacity. Purchase during the summer to make sure you receive a parking permit.
10) I have not completed Alive @ 25, Can I still get a parking permit? Yes, Students may purchase parking permits during the open window even if they have not completed Alive @ 25 or have a valid drivers license. We will hold the parking permit until all requirements have been satisfied. This will eliminate the risk of you missing out on a parking permit. Last year we had to stop selling permits on February 1st because we reached capacity. Purchase during the summer to make sure you receive a parking permit.
11) I will be out of town during registration dates, can I still get a prime parking spot? Yes, Students who register and pay using the online system will have their parking spot assigned to them prior to registration. Once the process is properly completed, look for an email with your specific parking assignment at the end of July to early August.
12) How do I register for Alive at 25 courses? Students must register directly with Alive at 25. CHS will host some courses but does not administer them in any way. To enroll for all Alive at 25 courses, go to http://www.scaliveat25.org/, choose the “Classes” tab on the top menu, then you can use the search function by typing in “Clover” or your local zip code to find local course offerings. Once you locate your course, click “enroll” and follow directions. You must pre-register for all Alive at 25 courses.
13) Why are Freshman and 9th Grade repeaters not allowed to purchase parking permits? With the opening of the 9th Grade Campus, there is no dedicated student parking on that campus. We do not want our students from 9th Grade campus parking in the 10-12 student parking lot and walking to the 9th Grade Campus. Students with 9th-grade repeater status will be able to purchase a parking permit once they have recovered or completed necessary courses to move them to 10th-grade status.
14) Are there rules about the student parking lot? Yes, specific rules and regulations may be found in the CHS student handbook or by going to the “Student Parking Page”. DRIVING TO SCHOOL IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT. This privilege may be suspended or revoked if the rules are not obeyed, or if behavior at school indicates that you are not responsible enough to deserve this privilege.
15) Can my car be searched while on campus? Yes, in order to maintain a reasonable and safe school environment, the Clover High School Administration reserves the right to search a vehicle on school property and seize any property within the vehicle, which violates state law, school regulations, or may be harmful to any person.
16) I just cannot get logged into the portal? There could be several reasons why you cannot get logged in.
Are you using the proper student ID?
- You will need to enter the Student's last name and Student ID number when registering on the online system.
- The ID number is the same as your Student ID Number at CHS.
- You can view your Student ID number on your Student Portal if you have already established access to your grades.
- it is also printed on your report card.
You have been identified as a 9thgrade repeater.
- If you failed courses last year as a 9th grader you may not have enough credits to be considered a 10th grader. Students with 9th grade or 9th repeater status are not permitted to purchase parking permits. Once you achieve 10th grade status by recovering or completing necessary courses you will be permitted to purchase a parking permit and drive on campus.
You are a current 9thgrade student.
- With the opening of the 9th Grade Campus, there is no dedicated student parking on that campus. We do not want our students from 9th Grade campus parking in the 10-12 student parking lot and walking to the 9th Grade Campus.
You are new to Clover High School.
- If you are new to Clover High School for the 19-20 school year or you were not enrolled at CHS at the conclusion of the 18-19 school year your data was not uploaded to the parking portal website.
- In order to log into the parking portal we will need to upload your data. Please email Mr. Crepeau and let him know you are a new student and need access to the parking portal. Mr. Crepeau will set up your account so you will be able to purchase a parking permit online. Jason.email@example.com
17) Why do I need to bring my license and registration to pick up my parking permit? These documents are needed to be sure that you have accurately entered all in the information correctly to the online portal We will be checking for accuracy of your vehicle registration information and license number.
18) I logged in and purchased and paid for a parking permit but never received a confirmation email or my parking assignment. You may not have entered your email address correctly when you originally registered. Be sure to check spam folders as well. If you need to change your email address in your account please refer to #17.
19) The email address on my parking account is not correct, how do I change it? Email Mr. Crepeau and indicate you need to change the email address on your parking account. Provide the email address you would like to have.