Diamond Prospects Developmental Fall League
Competitive, Developmental, Affordable, Exposure
Diamond Prospects is proud to announce our return of a weekday fall league in the Upstate region and Greater Rock Hill area during September and October of 2018, plus the introduction of the Lowcountry League! The leagues will provide a local and affordable option for up-and-coming talent, plus established baseball players looking to get in some extra work during the school week.
As always, DP will provide players with opportunities for exposure. Team rosters, schedules, game recaps and prospect info will be posted on the website for easy access for college coaches and scouts looking to follow players during the ‘off-season'.
Something to play for... At the end of the season, All-Star players will be selected to play one game at Clemson University and Winthrop University plus a desired Charleston facility.
High Schools that are fielding a team 2018:
- Upstate: Blue Ridge (2), Byrnes (2), Dorman (2), Laurens, Woodruff (2), Wade Hampton, Westside (2), Berea, Seneca, Chapman, Woodmont (3), JL Mann (3), Palmetto, Mid-Carolina, Hillcrest (3), Spartanburg (2), St. Joseph's (2), Greer (2), Greenwood (2), Crescent, West Oak, Union, Liberty, Riverside (3), Powdersville, Gaffney
- Greater Rock Hill: Nation Ford (2), Northwestern (2), Rock Hill (2), York (2), Clover (2), South Pointe, Indian Land, York Prep, Andrew Jackson
- Lowcountry: Ashley Ridge, Berkeley (2), James Island (2), Lakewood, Summerville (2)
- -Games will be played on weekday nights only - no weekends. The aim is to shoot for Tuesday-Wednesday with makeup games Monday and Thursday. (rainouts and field availablity will determine much of our schedule).
- -Opening week will be September 11 or September 18 and the league will run for five to six straight weeks with teams playing once a week. The last week of regular season will end October 20.
- -Teams will play a minimum of 5 games, however the goal is 6 games. The exact number depends on the eventual amount of clubs in a given league, available sites, plus rainouts.
- -Teams are allowed to have players from multiple high schools
- -Rainouts will be made up to the best of our ability
- -Teams or individual players that want to be placed must contact your nearest league commissioner ASAP...
- -Upstate League: Barry Mabry - Cory Welch-
- -Greater Rock Hill League: Gary Randall -
- -Lowcountry League: David Beckley
- -Post on TheDiamondProspects.com team rosters and schedules
- -Publish All-Star Teams at conclusion of season
- -Handle all scheduling of games, sites and umpires
- -Handle payment of jersey tops, sites, umpires and game balls
- -Be on hand to cover as much as possible to provide prospect info on TheDiamondProspects.com
- Teams will:
- -Provide own insurance
- -Be responsible for ordering jerseys from LDH Sports at LDHsports@att.net Deadline is August 29.
- -Be responsible for collecting checks and player applications
- -Please mail only one team check to Diamond Prospects, PO Box 51438, Myrtle Beach SC 29579. This check should account for 100% of your player fees. Deadline is September 10.
- -Teams will not be included into the master schedule until all checks/applications/insurance are received.
- -Provide DP commissioner with two contact names/numbers for your team
- -Provide own equipment (BP balls, helmets, catching gear, etc)
- -Chase foul balls on your half of the field
- -Make sure the field is cut, dragged and lined off
- -Have option of running concession stand and keeping 100% of the profit
- -Make ruling as to whether a field is playable or not. If a game must be cancelled, contact the DP commissioner for that league.
- -Pitchers will throw no more than 3 innings per week
- -Each team will have no less than 12 players per team. Desired roster size is 12-15.
- -There is no run rule. This league is based on player development
- -2 hour 30 minute time limit on single games; no new inning past that point. Bottom half must be played if home team is trailing
- -2 hour time limit on doubleheaders; no new inning past this point. NO NEW INNING AFTER 1 HR 50 MINUTES. Bottom half must be played if home team is trailing.
- -There will be a limit of eight hitters per inning.
- -Pre-game coin flip between coaches will determine home/visiting team
- -Free substitution, provided it does not compromise the order of the lineup
- -Mandatory courtesy runner for catchers with 2 outs
- -Teams are allowed 10 minute pre-game INF/OF if your game is the only game that night at a site. Games must begin on time. Poor planning and mis-management of time will not be permitted.
- -Keep the games moving: catching up pitcher, hustling on/off the field, limit time on mound visits, arguing calls, etc. The purpose of this league is letting players play as much baseball as possible for their development.