In order to establish and maintain a clean, safe environment that is academically focused, Clover Middle School will not permit any student to wear any article of clothing that is distracting, overly suggestive, or so extreme or inappropriate to the school setting that it disrupts the educational process. The following dress code is aligned with the expectations of dress at Clover High School.
· The length of shorts, skirts, or dresses must extend past the student’s fingertips with arms extended at side.
· Pants should not drag the floor or be adorned with metal accessories.
· All pants must be worn appropriately with the waistline above the hips. No sagging! No undergarments should be visible.
· No spaghetti straps or see-through clothing are allowed.
· All tops for all students must have sleeves.
· No low cut tops that expose cleavage or midriff area are allowed.
· Tops are required to extend far enough below the beltline so that there is no skin exposed at any point of a student’s movement or posture.
· Clothes are not to be excessively form fitting (i.e-spandex).
· All shirttails extending past the tips of the fingers when arms are extended must be tucked in.
· No trench coats.
· No clothing with holes exposing under garments or skin above specified fingertip length is allowed.
· Jewelry or belts that could be potentially dangerous to others will not be allowed. No studded or spiked wristbands or collars will be allowed.
· No wallet chains or chains of any sort are to be worn.
· No hats, sweatbands, or other head covering can be worn inside the school building.
· No bandanas are allowed to be worn at any time.
· No glasses except for medical reasons.
· Pajamas or bedroom shoes will not be allowed.
· Shoes worn at Clover Middle School should be sturdy shoes/sandals with traction. No retractable skates.
· Students may not wear any vulgar, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate symbols, language, or wording on clothing at school or school-sponsored events. This includes clothes that advertise drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, or display sexually inappropriate wording or pictures. Students will not be permitted to wear “message” t-shirts considered to be offensive.
The school faculty, staff, and administration reserve the right to determine what is appropriate dress or accessory while students are in school. Students who violate the dress code will be referred to ISS where they may change to school issued clothing, phone home for a parent to deliver replacement clothes, or remain in ISS for the duration of the day. In addition, dress code violations will be entered into the school database as discipline infractions.