School History

  • We are lucky to have a school with such a wonderful history!

    The first Bethel School was built in the summer of 1929. It was called Bethel Consolidated School. In 1959 the building was struck by lightning and burned down. Bethel was rebuilt and has been added to three times.

    We have been very fortunate to have only had six principals: Mr. William B. Lindsay, Mr. Nelson Perry, Mr. Robert B. Parker, Mr. Tom Guinane, Mrs. Kim Ramsey and Mrs. Shavon O'Brien.

    Since 1929 Bethel Elementary School has been providing the students of the Bethel/Lake Wylie area a quality education. With recent construction and renovation, this tradition of quality continues.