School Improvement Council
- The School Improvement Council (SIC) serves as an advisory committee to a school's principal and faculty.
- Unlike PTA/Os and other voluntary school organizations, councils are mandated by law to exist in every public school in South Carolina.
- SICs play a key role in the education of our state's children, bringing together parents, educators and community stakeholders to work collectively to improve their local schools.
- More than 16,000 people serve on SICs in South Carolina.
- SICs work with the school to develop and implement a five-year school improvement plan (school renewal plan).
- SICs monitor and evaluate success in reaching the plan's goals and objectives.
- SICs write an annual report to parents about the progress of the plan.
- SICs assist the principal in writing the narrative for the School Report Card.
- SICs advise on the use of school incentive awards and provide assistance as requested by the principal.
2023-2024 SIC Committee Members
Christian Phillips - Chair (Parent)
Amy Baker - Vice Chair (Parent)
Mary Kate Pursley - Secretary (Parent)
Vic Stine - Principal
Julie Rikard - Assistant Principal
Kristin Dover - Teacher
Betsy Eaton - Teacher
Pam Cato - Community Member