• Residency Information

    The Clover School District will admit any student who lives in the district:
    with his/her parent or legal guardian (requires court order of guardianship signed by judge), or with an officially recognized foster parent (requires documentation from Social Services), or in accordance with the state affidavit regarding homeless children Proof of residency and legal guardianship is required. Acceptable proof of guardianship includes
    a court order signed by a judge transferring custody to individual applying to enroll child or evidence
    that custody proceedings have been initiated. Notarized letters or other statements from parents
    assigning custody to relatives, family friends, etc., are not acceptable. Two (2) items of documentation for proof of residency in the Clover School District are required annually.

    Primary acceptable proofs of residency include the following:
    recent utility bill showing name and address of parent/guardian recent tax notice on real property showing name and address of parent/guardian copy of closing statement on home purchase with address and name of parent/guardian copy of signed, dated lease agreement from rental company, mobile home park, or similar agent showing name address of parent/guardian
    Secondary supporting documents may include current drivers license, tax notice on mobile home, tax notice on vehicle, voter registration cards, bills, bank statements, or other governmental documents showing the address.
    If a child and his/her parent live in a residence where utilities, etc., are in someone else’s name (grandmother’s name), that individual must accompany the parent to the district office with two proofs of residency and sign an official Statement of Residency along with the parent.
    Once a student has been admitted on a statement of residency, the parent/guardian will have 30 days to present proof of
    residency in his/her name.
    Failure to do so may result in the dismissal of the student from school.

    Other types of proof of residency for parents completing a statement of residency might include voter
    registration cards, bills, bank statements, or other governmental documents showing the address.
    Students whose parents do not live in the district will not be admitted unless:
    The district resident with whom the child resides is the child’s legal guardian as determined by the court, or the child’s situation meets at least one of the conditions stated on the state affidavit of homelessness, or the child in his/her own right owns land in the district assessed at $300 or more and the parents
    are willing to pay tuition in an amount equal to the prior year’s revenue (including debt service and school operations) less property taxes paid on the land owned by the child. Students who are found in violation of these requirements may be dropped from the school rolls.
    SPECIAL NOTICE: The Clover School District will not accept any student who is under expulsion from another school/district