CHS Counseling Center
IGP SIGNUPS ARE NOW LIVE! PLEASE BE SURE TO VIEW THE TABS AT THE TOP OF EACH PAGE TO ENSURE YOU SIGN UP TO MEET WITH THE CORRECT COUNSELOR AND WITH THE CORRECT GRADE LEVEL.
Please also remember, we don't create schedules during IGPs. Classes are not offered on a first-come, first-served basis. All schedules are created over the summer, and the same consideration is given to each student, regardless of when you meet with your counselor.
Current juniors: Please click here to sign up for your rising senior IGP
Current sophomores: Please click here to sign up for your rising junior IGP
Current freshmen: Please click here to sign up for your rising sophomore IGP
It's that time of the year again--IGPs have started! From late January through early April, all current freshmen, sophomores, and juniors will meet with their current counselors to talk about college/career/work-related plans and goals and preregister for classes for the 2019-2020 school year.
We look forward to meeting with you soon!
The deadline to change classes has passed. Any class changes at this point will come with penalty!
From College Application Day to FAFSA Help Session Day, our seniors have been on it this semester! Thank you to the many admissions counselors, financial aid representatives, and other volunteers who have helped our Class of 2019 to prepare for college this semester. They couldn't be successful without you!
Seniors and parents: Text @a273b2 to 81010 to sign up for reminders about senior events!VirtualSC registration is closed for Spring semester!Students interested in taking VirtualSC courses: VirtualSC was revamped this summer. All students must create new accounts, even if you have previously taken a course. Please visit virtualsc.org for more details or contact Ms. Missy Jones if you have any questions.Ready to start researching South Carolina colleges and universities but don't know where to begin? Click here to see a list of all in-state public and private colleges and universities!To reach a counselor on the Ninth Grade Campus, please call the NGC front office at (803) 631-8500. To reach a counselor on the main campus, please call Mrs. Nancy Hester at (803) 810-8211Registration for the SAT and ACT can be done online. Visit sat.org for more info on the SAT and act.org for more info on the ACT. Click this link for very helpful and free ACT practice content.CHS is NOT a testing site, but there are several high schools in the area that are. It's your choice as to where you choose to test.College Cafes are your opportunity to speak and network with admissions counselors and representatives who are here to speak exclusively to CHS students! Please pay close attention to the location as it is subject to changeJanuary 29: Converse College, all lunches in the Student UnionFebruary 5: North Greenville University, noon-2 in the Student UnionFebruary 7: Limestone College, all lunches in the Student UnionFebruary 11: USC-Beaufort, 11:45-12:30 only in the Student UnionFebruary 13: University of South Carolina during Flex in the Media Center (second floor)February 15: USC-Lancaster, all lunches in the Student UnionImportant Dates
- January 8: Beginning of third quarter/second semester
- January 10: VirtualSC registration opens for current 9th and 10th grade students
- January 17: VirtualSC registration deadline for all students
- January 21: Martin Luther King Day--NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS OR STAFF
- January 23: College Spotlight--Converse College
- January 23: VirtualSC courses begin
- Janyary 23: Academic Opportunties parent meeting for grades 9-11, 7 PM in the auditorium
- January 28: Tentative start of IGP conferences for CURRENT JUNIORS and CURRENT FRESHMEN
- February 5: College Cafe--North Greenville University
- February 7: College Cafe--Limestone College
- February 11: Interim reports issued
- February 11: College Cafe--University of South Carolina at Beaufort
- February 13: College Spotlight--University of South Carolina at Columbia
- February 15: MAKE-UP DAY FROM HURRICANE FLORENCE
- February 15: College Cafe--University of South Carolina at Lancaster
- February 18: President's Day Holiday--NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS OR STAFF
- February 20: Free ACT administration for juniors who chose over SAT (SAT will be administrered in April for juniors who chose that test)
- March 4: Tentative start of IGP conferences for CURRENT SOPHOMORES
- March 19: End of third quarter
Counselors' Contact Information
|Name||Student Assignment||Phone Number|
|Mr. Atavious Johnson||Grade 9 (A-Le)||email@example.com|
|Mrs. Sherer Hopkins||Grade 9 (Li-Z)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Jennifer Forrest (Dept. Chair)||Grades 10-12 (A-Br)||email@example.com|
|Mrs. Jaida Tims||Grades 10-12 (Bu-E)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Quentin McGill||Grades 10-12 (F-Ka)||email@example.com|
|Ms. Larisha Young||Grades 10-12 (Ke-Ni)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Missy Jones||Grades 10-12 (No-Se)||email@example.com|
|Mrs. Tarah Underwood||Grades 10-12 (Sh-Z)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Nancy Hester||Receptionistemail@example.com|
|Ms. Kayla Williams||Catawba Family Services firstname.lastname@example.org|