CHS Counseling Center
Fourth quarter has arrived. Finish strongly!!
You're in store for a busy pre-Spring Break week! Scroll down to the calendar at the bottom of the page for events on the week of April 8-12
Completer cords will soon be available for seniors to purchase! Please click here to view information on cords and completer requirements
Our annual Career and Job Fair will take place on Friday, March 29. This is a great chance to learn about some opportunities!
Scroll to the bottom of the page for several College Cafe and College Spotlight opportunities in March! Admissions counselors want to meet you!
IGP conferences are concluding. Students who did not make appointments with their counselor will be called out of class soon to pick their classes for next year.
The deadline to change classes has passed. Any class changes at this point will come with penalty!
Seniors and parents: Text @a273b2 to 81010 to sign up for reminders about senior events!VirtualSC registration is closed for Spring semester!Students interested in taking VirtualSC courses: VirtualSC was revamped last summer. All students must create new accounts, even if you have previously taken a course. Please visit virtualsc.org for more details or contact Ms. Missy Jones if you have any questions.Ready to start researching South Carolina colleges and universities but don't know where to begin? Click here to see a list of all in-state public and private colleges and universities!To reach a counselor on the Ninth Grade Campus, please call the NGC front office at (803) 631-8500. To reach a counselor on the main campus, please call Mrs. Nancy Hester at (803) 810-8211Registration for the SAT and ACT can be done online. Visit sat.org for more info on the SAT and act.org for more info on the ACT. Click this link for very helpful and free ACT practice content.CHS is NOT a testing site, but there are several high schools in the area that are. It's your choice as to where you choose to test.College Cafes are your opportunity to speak and network with admissions counselors and representatives who are here to speak exclusively to CHS students! Please pay close attention to the location as it is subject to changeMarch 20: Charleston Southern University during Flex in the Media Center (second floor)March 22: Presbyterian College, all lunches in the Media Center (second floor)Important Dates
- April 5: Deadline to sign up for the May 4 SAT without the late fee
- April 8: Deadline to sign up for the April 11 ASVAB. See Mrs. Hester or Ms. Young to sign up!
- April 9: SAT testing for juniors who did not take the February ACT
- April 10-11: York Tech Registration for seniors by appointment only(see the SignUp Genius link Mrs. Forrest emailed to students on April 4)
- April 10: Makeup Career Ready Assessment testing for juniors
- April 11: ASVAB test at 8:30 (for juniors and seniors who signed up by April 8)
- April 11: Driver's permit test at 3:30
- April 11: Dual Enrollment paperwork due to Mrs. Forrest
- April 13: ACT
- April 15-19: Spring Break
- April 22: SCHOOL IS IN SESSION: Makeup day due to December snow cancellation
- April 24: Deadline to sign up for the May 4 SAT with a late fee
- April 26: Middle College/Welding/Patient Care Tech applications due to Mrs. Starnes/Mrs. Tims
- May 3: Deadline to sign up for the June 1 SAT AND the June 8 ACT without the late fee
- May 4: SAT
- May 20: Deadline to sign up for the June 8 ACT without the late fee
- May 22: Deadline to sign up for the June 1 SAT with the late fee
- May 27: Memorial Day Holiday
- June 1: SAT (this is the final SAT for the 2018-2019 school year)
- June 5: Last day of school year
- June 5: Graduation practice--Mandatory for all seniors participating in the June 6 ceremony
- June 6: Graduation at Winthrop Coliseum
- June 8: ACT
- June 14: Deadline to sign up for the July 13 ACT without the late fee
- June 24: Deadline to sign up for the July 13 ACT with the late fee
- July 13: ACT (this is the final ACT for the 2018-2019 school year)
Counselors' Contact Information
|Name||Student Assignment||Phone Number|
|Mr. Atavious Johnson||Grade 9 (A-Le)||email@example.com|
|Mrs. Sherer Hopkins||Grade 9 (Li-Z)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Jennifer Forrest (Dept. Chair)||Grades 10-12 (A-Br)||email@example.com|
|Mrs. Jaida Tims||Grades 10-12 (Bu-E)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Quentin McGill||Grades 10-12 (F-Ka)||email@example.com|
|Ms. Larisha Young||Grades 10-12 (Ke-Ni)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Missy Jones||Grades 10-12 (No-Se)||email@example.com|
|Mrs. Tarah Underwood||Grades 10-12 (Sh-Z)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Nancy Hester||Receptionistemail@example.com|
|Ms. Kayla Williams||Catawba Family Services firstname.lastname@example.org|