Quiz #1 Weather Tools/Hurricanes
For 1-6 write the COMPLETE NAME of the weather tool that is used to collect the weather data.
WORDS THE ARE MISPELLED WILL BE MARKED WRONG
c. Rain Gauge
e. Sling Psychrometer
f. Wind Vane
1. This tool is used to measure air temperature ____________________________________
2. This tool is used to measure wind direction _____________________________________
3. This tool is used to measure relative humidity ___________________________________
4. This tool is used to measure wind direction _____________________________________
5. This tool is used to measure wind speed _______________________________________
6. This tool is used to measure air pressure _______________________________________
7. What type of pressure would be associated with a hurricane?
a. low pressure
b. high pressure
c. no pressure
8. What is the center, very calm part of a hurricane called? ______________________________
9. What happens to the strength of a hurricane when it reaches land or colder water? ____________
10. Why? ______________________________________________________________________
EC- Why are there no hurricanes in the Pacific Ocean?