Please see the information below for facts about the second round:
- These payments are only for students that were enrolled in school the last 20 days of the 2021-2022 school year.
- Students who were enrolled in the 2021-2022 school year but completed meal applications or were approved for DC from June-August 20 (meal applications completed by Aug. 16 plus the 10 days to process the applications) will receive the second round of payments.
- This is a one-time payment. Students that already received funds will not receive funds the next round.
- New cards will be mailed to all eligible students.
- The cards for the second round will arrive by mail in November. Cards are more likely to arrive after November 15.
- Parents can check the DSS portal after Nov. 1 for newly-eligible students who were enrolled in a NSLP school during the 2021-2022 school year.
- SFAs can check the DSS portal for students using their student ID number. The portal is available online: https://benefitsportal.dss.sc.gov/#/pebt/benefitinquiry
- P-EBT will not be answering questions currently about the next round of payments. Parents will have to wait and check the portal. We have no access at this time to newly eligible data.
- Questions can be sent to PEBT@ed.sc.gov
- P-EBT is based on federal law. The state will not treat any student differently from other students in SC. The state cannot violate Federal Law because parents did not fill out meal applications last school year.
P-EBT Q&A School Year 2022-23
P-EBT State Plan Template SY 2022-23