2020-21 Pre-Kindergarten Screening
The following is regarding pre-kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year.
As part of our placement process, children will participate in a developmental screener assessment. We originally had these screening appointments set for April 1-3, 2020, but due to the closure of schools for COVID-19, we had to postpone these appointments. We have now been given the flexibility to offer these screenings in the coming weeks. If you are still interested in the pre-kindergarten program, please carefully read the information below. Each of these items will be essential in ensuring that your child has the opportunity to participate in our placement process. If you have questions please contact your zoned elementary school, or Amy Bowles (803-810-8009, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Pre-kindergarten screenings will be held at your zoned elementary school on school-selected dates during the weeks of May 26 – June 4, 2020.
- You will need to contact the school office by May 22, 2020, to schedule your screening appointment. You can find the school’s contact information on the Clover School District website.
- If you have not already submitted the required registration documents (child’s birth certificate/official proof of birth, current immunizations records, and two proofs of residency), you will need to bring them to your screening. Your child will not be able to participate in their screening if these documents are not received upon arrival. If you have already submitted these documents to the school office, you are not required to submit them again (you may want to confirm when you call to schedule your appointment). If you have questions about these documents, please visit the Clover School District website, or reach out to the school office or Amy Bowles.
- Due to current safety and social distancing protocols, there are several procedures we ask that you follow to participate in the screenings safely.
- For the safety of others, we ask that you do not come to your screening appointment if your child or anyone in your immediate family has been recently diagnosed with COVID-19, or experiencing any flu-like symptoms. Instead, call the school office or Amy Bowles to discuss the next steps.
- All persons entering the school building will be required to have their temperature taken. If a fever exists, you will be asked to leave, and contact the school office or Amy Bowles to discuss the next steps.
- We ask that only one adult and the child being screened come to the screening appointment for social distancing purposes. The child will be the only one allowed in the assessment area. The adult will wait in the parent waiting area until the screening is complete. If you must bring other children with you (excluding infants), we ask that you wait outside or in your vehicle until the screening is complete.
- We will be following safety guidelines by disinfecting all screening and assessment areas regularly, and all stations will be spaced 6-8 feet apart. All staff members will have their temperature taken before entering the school building, and follow all safety guidelines and procedures.
- If your plans or contact information have changed since you registered online, please contact your school office or Amy Bowles to ensure we have the most up-to-date information.
- You will receive further details about the placement process at your child’s screening. Placement notifications will be mailed out mid-June.