Clover School District Board Vacancy and Fulfillment Process
Clover School District
Board Vacancy and Fulfillment Process
Policies BBE and ABCD outline the process for an unexpired term or vacancy on the school board.
“If a seat becomes vacant before the expiration of the incumbent board member’s team office, the resulting vacancy must be filled by the board for the unexpired portion of the term until the next election for board members is held.”
Clover School Board has implemented these policies in the past and has established a process for the selection of a replacement board member. The process is as follows:
February 28, 2022 – Announcement to the public at a board business meeting.
- Members of the public who reside in Seat 1 are eligible to apply for the vacant board seat. On the district website under News & Announcements, you will find the board map showing Seat 1 attendance lines. The Board of Elections will officially confirm that applicants reside in Seat 1. SEAT MAP
- Interested parties from Seat 1 must submit a cover letter stating your background, qualifications, and reasons for wanting to serve on the CSD Board of Trustees.
- Interested parties should also submit an application which can be found under News and Announcements on the website.
March 18, 2022 – Applications period ends.
- Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on March 18, 2022.
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
March 21 – 31, 2022 – Board reviews applications and conducts interviews (if needed).
- The board will attempt to conduct their review of applicants as quickly as possible in executive session.
- The length of time it takes will depend upon the number of applicants and board members’ availability to meet.
March 28 – April 4, 2022 – Announcement of new board member.
- The board will vote in public on the new board candidate at the Business Meeting on March 28 or at a Special-Called Meeting on April 4, 2022.
- The new board member will be sworn in after the vote.